Anna Bailey celebrates WHERE THE TRUTH LIES with Megan Collins #BNMiddayMystery
About this Event
"Irresistible." - Paula Hawkins, New York Timesbestselling author of The Girl on the Train
Join Barnes & Noble as we welcome debut author, Anna Bailey,for a live, virtual event to discuss WHERE THE TRUTH LIES, as part of our B&N Midday Mystery Virtual Event series. This novel is a mature and accomplished story where the people in the book are not just characters but HAVE character. Bailey writes late in the novel, “When one thing smells like gasoline, everything smells like gasoline.” WHERE THE TRUTH LIES is a poetic page-turner.
Order your copy of the author's book now!
- This is a live, free event. Registration is required to attend.
- Each registration must have a different email associated with it to gain entry. Please be sure your correct email is listed when you register and that your Eventbrite settings include updates on this event.
- This event will air as a Zoom Webinar. It will not air on the Eventbrite site itself. Access to the event will become available on the afternoon of the event, Tuesday, June 14 at 2 PM ET.
- Access to the event will become available via:
- OPEN IN ZOOM (highly recommended) or JOIN NOW buttons in your Eventbrite account (found under “Tickets” --> “Go to online event page”) OR your event ticket confirmation email.
- You will receive reminder emails from Eventbrite before the event. You may also access the event through the reminder email, HOWEVER YOU MUST BE SIGNED INTO EVENTBRITE WITH THE EMAIL IN WHICH YOU USED TO REGISTER FOR THE TICKET.
- You may be asked to re-enter the email in which you purchased this ticket to re-validate
- Disruptive Conduct: Barnes & Noble wants to create a safe virtual space for all. You acknowledge and agree that Barnes & Noble reserves the right to remove you from the Virtual Event if B&N, in its sole discretion, determines that your participation or behavior create a disruption or hinder the Virtual Event or the enjoyment of the Virtual Event content by other attendees.
- Recording, Live Streaming, and Videotaping. Participants may not record or broadcast audio or video of Barnes & Noble Virtual Events.
Please note that Eventbrite is the only authorized dealer for this event. Each person must be registered to enter.
We cannot guarantee a replay of the program. Please keep this in mind before registering for a ticket.
Event guidelines are subject to change.
Join Barnes & Noble for future virtual events! See our upcoming line-up here.
About WHERE THE TRUTH LIES:
A teenaged girl’s disappearance brings her community’s most devastating secrets to light in this “compelling and nuanced psychological thriller suffused with small town prejudice and dark family secrets” (Paula Hawkins, New York Times bestselling author) that is perfect for fans of Megan Miranda and Celeste Ng.
The town of Whistling Ridge guards its secrets.
When seventeen-year-old Abigail Blake disappears after a party, her best friend Emma is left with questions no one else can answer. The police initially believe Abi ran away, but Emma doesn’t believe that her friend would leave without her, and when disturbing evidence is discovered nearby, the festering secrets and longstanding resentment of both Abigail’s family and the people of Whistling Ridge begin to surface with devastating consequences.
Among those secrets: Abi’s older brother’s passionate, dangerous love for a handsome Romanian immigrant who has recently made his home in the town’s trailer park; her younger brother’s feeling that he knows information he should tell the police, if only he could put it into words; her father’s mercurial rages and her mother’s silence. Then there is the rest of Whistling Ridge, where a charismatic preacher advocates for God with language that mirrors violence, all under the sway of the powerful businessman who rules the town.
But Abi has secrets of her own, and the closer Emma grows to unraveling them, the further she feels from her friend. And in a tinderbox of small-town rage, all it will take is just one spark—the truth of what really happened that night—to change their community forever in this “intricate and compelling thriller, beautifully nuanced and wonderfully claustrophobic” (S.J. Watson, New York Times bestselling author).
About Anna Bailey:
Anna Bailey was born in 1995 and grew up in Gloucestershire, before going on to study creative writing at Bath Spa University. She moved to the US hoping to become a journalist, but ended up working as a Starbucks barista in the Rocky Mountains. In 2018, she returned to the UK and enrolled on a writing course with Curtis Brown Creative, where she completed her first novel, inspired by her experience of small-town America. She lives in France.
About Megan Collins:
Megan Collins is the author of Behind the Red Door and The Winter Sister. She has taught creative writing for many years at both the high school and college level and is the managing editor of 3Elements Literary Review. She lives in Connecticut.
Connect with usFacebook Instagram Twitter
Add to calendar