Katie Lattari celebrates DARK THINGS I ADORE with Leslie Zemeckis #BNMiddayMystery
About this Event
"[C]areful and sinewy plotting, which reveals in chilling detail who gets to make art, and who gets subsumed in the process." -- New York Times Book Review
Join Barnes & Noble as we welcome debut author, Katie Lattari, for a live, virtual event to discuss DARK THINGS I ADORE, as part of our B&N Midday Mystery Virtual Event series. In this searing psychological thriller of trauma, dark academia, complicity, and revenge,DARK THINGS I ADORE unravels the realities behind campfire legends--the horrors that happen in the dark, the girls who become cautionary tales, and the guilty who go unpunished. Until now.
Katie will be in conversation with author, actress, and journalist, Leslie Zemeckis.
Order your copy of the author's book now!
- This is a live, free event. Registration is required to attend.
- Each registration must have a different email associated with it to gain entry. Please be sure your correct email is listed when you register and that your Eventbrite settings include updates on this event.
- This event will air as a Zoom Webinar. It will not air on the Eventbrite site itself. Access to the event will become available on the afternoon of the event, Thursday, July 21 at 3 PM ET.
- Access to the event will become available via:
- OPEN IN ZOOM (highly recommended) or JOIN NOW buttons in your Eventbrite account (found under “Tickets” --> “Go to online event page”) OR your event ticket confirmation email.
- You will receive reminder emails from Eventbrite before the event. You may also access the event through the reminder email, HOWEVER YOU MUST BE SIGNED INTO EVENTBRITE WITH THE EMAIL IN WHICH YOU USED TO REGISTER FOR THE TICKET.
- You may be asked to re-enter the email in which you purchased this ticket to re-validate
- Disruptive Conduct: Barnes & Noble wants to create a safe virtual space for all. You acknowledge and agree that Barnes & Noble reserves the right to remove you from the Virtual Event if B&N, in its sole discretion, determines that your participation or behavior create a disruption or hinder the Virtual Event or the enjoyment of the Virtual Event content by other attendees.
- Recording, Live Streaming, and Videotaping. Participants may not record or broadcast audio or video of Barnes & Noble Virtual Events.
Please note that Eventbrite is the only authorized dealer for this event. Each person must be registered to enter.
We cannot guarantee a replay of the program. Please keep this in mind before registering for a ticket.
Event guidelines are subject to change.
Join Barnes & Noble for future virtual events! See our upcoming line-up here.
ABOUT DARK THINGS I ADORE:
1988. A group of outcasts gather at a small, prestigious arts camp nestled in the Maine woods. They're the painters: bright, hopeful, teeming with potential. But secrets and dark ambitions rise like smoke from a campfire, and the truths they tell will come back to haunt them in ways more deadly than they dreamed.
2018. Esteemed art professor Max Durant arrives at his protégé's remote home to view her graduate thesis collection. He knows Audra is beautiful and brilliant. He knows being invited into her private world is a rare gift. But he doesn't know that Audra has engineered every aspect of their weekend together. Every detail, every conversation. Audra has woven the perfect web.
Only Audra knows what happened that summer in 1988. Max's secret, and the dark things that followed. And even though it won't be easy, Audra knows someone must pay.
A searing psychological thriller of trauma, dark academia, complicity, and revenge, Dark Things I Adore unravels the realities behind campfire legends—the horrors that happen in the dark, the girls who become cautionary tales, and the guilty who go unpunished. Until now.
ABOUT KATIE LATTARI:
Katie Lattari is the author of Dark Things I Adore (Sourcebooks Landmark, 2022) and American Vaudeville (Mammoth Books, 2016). A revenge thriller set in the wilds of Maine, Dark Things I Adore examines the brutal lengths to which some will go for success, some will go for peace, and others, ultimately, will go for justice.
Katie Lattari holds a BA and an MA in English from the University of Maine and an MFA in Fiction Writing/Prose from the University of Notre Dame. She lives in Maine with her husband and their cat.
ABOUT LESLIE ZEMECKIS:
Leslie Zemeckis is a best-selling author, actress, and award-winning documentarian. Her three bestselling books include Behind the Burly Q, the definitive oral history of burlesque, Goddess of Love Incarnate; the Life of Stripteuse Lili St. Cyr and Feuding Fan Dancers, about Sally Rand, Faith Bacon and the golden age of the showgirl. Leslie writes a monthly book column in the Montecito Journal, and has contributed to Huffington Post, Medium, Talkhouse, W Magazine and Stork Magazine. She is the creator and curator of the book club for ENTITY Magazine, highlighting extraordinary female authors for their over 1 million subscribers. Zemeckis is also the founder of the program “Stories Matter,” with professional female authors mentoring the next generation of female storytellers. www.lesliezemeckis.com.
Connect with usFacebook Instagram Twitter
Add to calendar