Sandra Brown celebrates OVERKILL #BNMiddayMystery
About this Event
Join Barnes & Noble as we welcome #1 New York Times bestselling author, Sandra Brown, for a live, virtual discussion of OVERKILL, as part of our B&N Midday Mystery Virtual Event series. Sandra delivers another riveting thriller where a conflict of conscience for a former football star and an ambitious state prosecutor swiftly intensifies into a fight for their lives.
This is a live, ticketed event. You must have a ticket to gain access. Please be sure your correct email is listed when you purchase and that your Eventbrite settings include updates on this event.
- For book-based tickets: This is for US-based customers ONLY (NO P.O. Boxes), excluding Puerto Rico; P.O. Boxes and all international addresses. Any non US orders, Puerto Rico or P.O. Box mailing addresses will be cancelled and refunded.
- Books will be mailed AFTER the completion of the live event; please allow ample time for shipping, typically 8-10 business days.
- Each ticket must have a different email associated with it to gain entry. Any repeated emails will be cancelled and refunded.
**THERE ARE TWO TICKET OPTIONS:
- Signed Book Admission - $37.17 (Admission + Signed Book/tax/shipping): **LIMITED QUANTITY AVAILABLE**: A ticket PER PERSON includes:
- One signed copy of OVERKILL.
- Admission to the virtual event space with Sandra Brown.
- B&N MIDDAY MYSTERY GENERAL ADMISSION: A ticket PER PERSON includes:
- Admission to the virtual event space with Sandra Brown.
- This event will air as a Zoom Webinar. You must be logged into Eventbrite with the email in which you purchased the ticket to access the event. We highly recommend you create an Eventbrite account, as well as download Zoom & familiarize yourself prior to the event for the best possible experience.
- Access to the event will become available on the afternoon of the event, Tuesday, August 16, at 3 PM ET / 2 PM CT / 1 PM MT / 12 PM PT.
- Access to the event will become available via:
- The OPEN IN ZOOM (highly recommended) or JOIN NOW buttons in your Eventbrite account (found under “Tickets” --> “Go to online event page”) OR your event ticket confirmation email.
- You will receive reminder emails from Eventbrite before the event. You may also access the event through the reminder email, HOWEVER YOU MUST BE SIGNED INTO EVENTBRITE WITH THE EMAIL IN WHICH YOU PURCHASED THE TICKET.
- You may be asked to re-enter the email in which you purchased this ticket to re-validate.
- Disruptive Conduct: Barnes & Noble wants to create a safe virtual space for all. You acknowledge and agree that Barnes & Noble reserves the right to remove you from the Virtual Event if B&N, in its sole discretion, determines that your participation or behavior create a disruption or hinder the Virtual Event or the enjoyment of the Virtual Event content by other attendees.
- By registering for a paid Barnes & Noble Virtual Event Ticket, you agree not to share, sell or trade your access. If Barnes & Noble determines that you have violated this policy, B&N may cancel your access, retain any payments made by you, and ban you from future Virtual Events.
- Recording, Live Streaming, and Videotaping. Participants may not record or broadcast audio or video of Barnes & Noble Virtual Events.
- This is a US-based event ONLY, and please allow ample time for delivery. Due to complications around shipping during the pandemic, delays can be common. All tickets include the cost of shipping to domestic, non-P.O. Box addresses only.
Please note that Eventbrite is the only authorized dealer for this event. Each person must have a ticket to enter.
We cannot guarantee a replay of the program. Please keep this in mind before purchasing a ticket. There will be no refunds for missing the live event.
Event guidelines are subject to change.
Join Barnes & Noble for future virtual events! See our upcoming line-up here.
Former Super Bowl MVP quarterback Zach Bridger hasn’t seen his ex-wife, Rebecca Pratt, for years—not since their volatile marriage imploded—so he’s shocked to receive a life-altering call about her. Rebecca has been placed on life support after a violent assault, and he—despite their divorce—has medical power-of-attorney. Zach is asked to make an impossible choice: keep her on life support or take her off of it. Buckling under the weight of the responsibility and the glare of public scrutiny, Zach ultimately walks away, letting Rebecca’s parents have the final say.
Four years later, Rebecca’s attacker, Eban—the scion of a wealthy North Carolina family—gets an early release from prison. The ludicrous miscarriage of justice reeks of favoritism, and Kate Lennon, a brilliant state prosecutor, is determined to bring him to justice. Rebecca’s parents have kept her alive all these years, but if her condition were to change—if she were to die—Eban could be retried on a new charge: murder.
Kate’s mission to send Eban back to prison for good depends wholly on Zach. It isn’t lost on him that in order for Eban to be charged with Rebecca’s murder, Zach must actually be the one to kill her. He rejects Kate’s legal standpoint, but can’t resist their ill-timed attraction to each other. Eban, having realized the jeopardy he’s in, plots to make certain that neither Zach nor Kate lives to see the death of Rebecca—and the end of his freedom.
ABOUT SANDRA BROWN:
Sandra Brown is the author of seventy-three New York Times bestsellers. There are more than eighty million copies of her books in print worldwide, and her work has been translated into thirty-four languages. Four of her books have been made into films. In 2008, the International Thriller Writers named Brown its Thriller Master, the organization’s highest honor. She has served as president of Mystery Writers of America and holds an honorary doctorate of humane letters from Texas Christian University. She lives in Texas.
Connect with usFacebook Instagram Twitter
Add to calendar