Richie Stephens discusses THE GANGSTERS GUIDE TO SOBRIETY with John Atlschuler & Dave Krinksy
About this Event
**PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THESE GUIDELINES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO CHANGING COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS**
JoinBarnes & Noble - The Grove at Farmers Market onJuly 16, 2022, as we welcome writer and actor, Richie Stephens to the store to sign THE GANGSTER'S GUIDE TO SOBRIETY: MY LIFE IN TWELVE STEPS, a darkly humorous and inspiring first-person account of the larger-than-life exploits and ultimate redemption of an Irish gangster-turned-actor-turned-sober-storyteller—written in collaboration with the creators of Silicon Valley.
***Vaccinations and mask coverings are highly recommended to attend this event.***
To make this event safe and enjoyable for all attendees, please read the below guidelines ahead of buying a ticket, so you know what to expect on the day. To avoid disappointment, we must stress that there will be no access to the event for non-ticketholders.
- Barnes & Noble reserves the right to make new rules and orders in its sole discretion with regard to COVID-19 at any time and any person not abiding by the Barnes & Noble directives will be refused entry or directed to leave the premises.
**A ticket includes:
- SEATED Book Admission - $30.66 (Admission + one copy of THE GANGSTER'S GUIDE TO SOBRIETY: MY LIFE IN TWELVE STEPS): **LIMITED QUANTITY AVAILABLE**: A ticket PER PERSON includes:
- STANDING-ROOM ONLY Book Admission - $30.66 (Admission + one copy of THE GANGSTER'S GUIDE TO SOBRIETY: MY LIFE IN TWELVE STEPS): **LIMITED QUANTITY AVAILABLE**: A ticket PER PERSON includes:
For Seated Tickets: Limited quantity is available and will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Purchase of a ticket guarantees entrance to the event for the discussion and signing. However, this ticket may not necessarily guarantee a seat at the event, as later arrivals may be placed in a line behind the seated audience.
For Standing Room-Only Tickets: Limited quantity is available and will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Purchase of a ticket guarantees entrance to the event for the discussion and signing. Ticket holders will be granted a standing view from behind the seated audience -- some views may be more limited/obstructed than others.
- Ticket holders will be admitted into the event beginning at 1:00 PM on the day of the event. Please have a copy of your ticket available (either printed out or on your phone) for check-in.
- This is a discussion/Q&A event.
- Due to COVID-19, vaccinations and masks are highly recommended to attend this event.
- No large bags will be permitted into the event.
- In order to attend this event, ticket holders should:
- Have not had any contact in the last 14 days with a confirmed COVID- 19 patient.
- Not be subject to a quarantine order.
- Not traveled in the past 14 days to any state or country that California has designated as an area requiring isolation upon returning to the state.
- At the time of the event, have not experienced in the last 72 hours any body temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit or any new symptoms associated with COVID-19. People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19: fever or chills; cough; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; fatigue; muscle or body aches; headache; new loss of taste or smell; sore throat; congestion or runny nose; nausea or vomiting; and/or diarrhea.
- Barnes & Noble may cancel this event at any time with or without notice to the ticket holders.
- Some outside queuing may be required, so please do come dressed appropriately for all weathers.
- The exact time at which the event ends will be determined on the day.
- To avoid disappointment, we strongly advise you to arrive on time for the event. Late arrivals may not have the opportunity to enter the event space.
- Due to health and safety and space limitations, those without a ticket will not be permitted to join the queue.
- All event guidelines are subject to change.
- If you have any additional questions, you can call the store directly at 323-525-0270.
Please note that Eventbrite is the only authorized dealer for this event. Each person must have a ticket to enter.
Attendees can receive refunds up to 1 day before your event start date.
If you are unable to attend the event, Barnes & Noble - The Grove will hold your book for seven days after the event. Please contact the store to arrange your pickup.
Should this event be canceled due to changing COVID-19 concerns, all customers will be refunded their ticket price to the original method of payment per Eventbrite's refund policy.
Event guidelines are subject to change.
The Gangster’s Guide to Sobriety chronicles Richie’s descent into the abyss of crime and dependency, and how his personal understanding of freedom allowed him to become the functioning positive force he is today. Richie’s story is sprawling and epic, but the key to the book is the same key to his recovery: the 12 Steps. With his own flair and original understanding of life and the world, he followed the 12 Steps to find the clarity he needed to save his own life and evolve into a positive force for others. As Richie says, “Hopefully if people see that someone as fucked up as me could change their life, then there is hope for anyone.”
The Gangster’s Guide to Sobriety is gripping in its honesty and openness. Even at its darkest moments, there is a keen understanding of the absurd nature of life as the author comes to grips with his failings and his faith, while also entering a place of self-acceptance. This is a story of redemption and the power of the human spirit, and how sometimes you have to turn to something greater than yourself.
ABOUT RICHIE STEPHENS:
Richie Stephens is an Irish actor and writer who lives in Los Angeles, California. He is best known for playing villains on TV and in films, including Blue Bloods, MacGyver, Criminal Minds, and Days of Our Lives, his appearances in multiple Florence and the Machine music videos, and his ability to do a broad range of accents. He has appeared in over one hundred stage and screen productions and is a member of Oscar-winner Bobby Moresco’s Actor’s Gym—an exclusive group of working actors and writers. He’s been a circuit speaker in recovery groups, and he actively works with the homeless at The Midnight Mission and The Center in Hollywood.
Connect with usFacebook Instagram Twitter
Add to calendar