Maggie O'Farrell discusses THE MARRIAGE PORTRAIT
About this Event
**PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THESE GUIDELINES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO CHANGING COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS**
Join Barnes & Noble - Eastchester in Scarsdale, NY on Tuesday, October 18th at 7 PM , as we welcome Maggie O'Farrell, author of the New York Times best seller Hamnet—winner of the National Book Critics Circle Award, to discuss her much-anticipated new novel, THE MARRIAGE PORTRAIT, an electrifying new novel set in Renaissance Italy and centering on the captivating young duchess Lucrezia de' Medici.
Maggie O'Farrell will be in discussion with Miwa Messer, B&N Editorial Director and host of B&N's Poured Over podcast, for this special event.
**Even if you are vaccinated, masks are strongly recommended.**
To make this event safe and enjoyable for all attendees, please read the below guidelines ahead of buying a ticket, so you know what to expect on the day. To avoid disappointment, we must stress that there will be no access to the event for non-ticketholders.
- Barnes & Noble reserves the right to make new rules and orders in its sole discretion with regard to COVID-19 at any time and any person not abiding by the Barnes & Noble directives will be refused entrance or directed to leave the premises.
- Book Admission - $30.05 (Admission + one copy of THE MARRIAGE PORTRAIT): **LIMITED QUANTITY AVAILABLE**: A ticket PER PERSON includes:
- Masks are strongly recommended even if you are vaccinated.
- Ticket holders will be admitted into the event beginning at 6:30 PM the day of the event. Please have a copy of your ticket available (either printed out or on your phone) for check in.
- Please arrive by 7 PM in order to secure your seat in the event space. Late arrivals may only have access to standing room and may not have the opportunity to enter the event space.
- In order to attend this event, ticket holders should:
- Have not had any contact in the last 14 days with a confirmed COVID- 19 patient.
- Not be subject to a quarantine order.
- Not traveled in the past 14 days to any state or country that New York has designated as an area requiring isolation upon returning to the state.
- At the time of the event, have not experienced in the last 72 hours any body temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit or any new symptoms associated with COVID-19. People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19: fever or chills; cough; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; fatigue; muscle or body aches; headache; new loss of taste or smell; sore throat; congestion or runny nose; nausea or vomiting; and/or diarrhea.
- The exact time at which the event ends will be determined on the day. To avoid disappointment, we strongly advise you to arrive on time for the event. Late arrivals may not have the opportunity to meet the author.
- All event guidelines are subject to change.
- If you have any additional questions, please can call the store directly at: 914-472-0689.
- Barnes & Noble may cancel this event at any time with or without notice to the ticket holders.
Please note that Eventbrite is the only authorized dealer for this event. Each person must have a ticket to enter.
Attendees can receive refunds up to 1 day before your event start date.
If you are unable to attend the event, Barnes & Noble - Eastchester (Scarsdale, NY) will hold your books for seven days after the event. Please contact the store to arrange your pickup.
Should this event be canceled due to changing COVID-19 concerns, all customers will be refunded their ticket price to the original method of payment per Eventbrite's refund policy.
Event guidelines are subject to change.
Connect with usFacebook Instagram Twitter
Add to calendar