George Lopez celebrates the release of CHUPACARTER with a signing!
About this Event
**PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THESE GUIDELINES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO CHANGING COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS**
Join Barnes & Noble - The Grove at Farmers Market on August 31, 2022, as we welcome world-famous comedian George Lopez to the store for signing of CHUPACARTER, a fantastical middle-grade series inspired by his own colorful childhood and Latinx folklore.
***Mask coverings are REQUIRED to attend this event.***
To make this event safe and enjoyable for all attendees, please read the below guidelines ahead of buying a ticket, so you know what to expect on the day. To avoid disappointment, we must stress that there will be no access to the event for non-ticketholders.
- Barnes & Noble reserves the right to make new rules and orders in its sole discretion with regard to COVID-19 at any time and any person not abiding by the Barnes & Noble directives will be refused entry or directed to leave the premises.
**A ticket includes:
- Book Admission - $18.60 (Admission + one copy of CHUPACARTER): **LIMITED QUANTITY AVAILABLE**: A ticket PER PERSON includes:
- One copy of CHUPACARTER (out 8/30/22).
- Admission to the signing line with George Lopez.
For the Signing Line: Limited quantity of tickets are available and will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis. . Purchase of a ticket guarantees entrance to the event, but not a specific place in line.
- Ticket holders will be admitted into the event beginning at 6:00 PM on the day of the event. Please have a copy of your ticket available (either printed out or on your phone) for check-in.
- This is a SIGNING event; signature-only, no personalizations.
- Due to COVID-19, masks are REQUIRED to attend this event.
- Photos are allowed from the signing line.
- No large bags will be permitted into the event.
- In order to attend this event, ticket holders should:
- Have not had any contact in the last 14 days with a confirmed COVID-19 patient.
- Not be subject to a quarantine order.
- Not traveled in the past 14 days to any state or country that California has designated as an area requiring isolation upon returning to the state.
- At the time of the event, have not experienced in the last 72 hours any body temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit or any new symptoms associated with COVID-19. People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19: fever or chills; cough; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; fatigue; muscle or body aches; headache; new loss of taste or smell; sore throat; congestion or runny nose; nausea or vomiting; and/or diarrhea.
- Barnes & Noble may cancel this event at any time with or without notice to the ticket holders.
- Some outside queuing may be required, so please do come dressed appropriately for all weathers.
- The exact time at which the event ends will be determined on the day.
- To avoid disappointment, we strongly advise you to arrive on time for the event. Late arrivals may not have the opportunity to enter the event space.
- Due to health and safety and space limitations, those without a ticket will not be permitted to join the queue.
- All event guidelines are subject to change.
- If you have any additional questions, you can call the store directly at 323-525-0270.
Please note that Eventbrite is the only authorized dealer for this event. Each person must have a ticket to enter.
Attendees can receive refunds up to 1 day before your event start date.
If you are unable to attend the event, Barnes & Noble - The Grove will hold your book for seven days after the event. Please contact the store to arrange your pickup.
Should this event be canceled due to changing COVID-19 concerns, all customers will be refunded their ticket price to the original method of payment per Eventbrite's refund policy.
Event guidelines are subject to change.
In this illustrated contemporary fantasy, twelve-year-old Jorge is lonely and resentful after being sent to live with his grandparents. His first day at his new school doesn’t go well after catching the attention of his belligerent principal and the school bullies, so Jorge might be a little desperate for a friend.
But the only kid who shares his interest in junk food and games turns out to be a young chupacabra—a legendary monster whose kind is known for being bloodthirsty livestock killers. The truth is, Carter is anything but savage—he's kind, a good listener, and has great taste in sneakers. Being friends with a mythical creature should be amazing, but when local cattle turn up dead and his principal suspects the truth, Jorge is torn. Should he trust that his friend is innocent and protect him from exposure, or reveal his dangerous existence and change the world forever?
ABOUT GEORGE LOPEZ:
George Lopez's multi-faceted career encompasses television, film, standup comedy, and late-night programming. He co-created, wrote, produced, and starred in his own hit sitcom George Lopez, a groundbreaking show that was one of the few with a Hispanic star. Lopez can be seen most recently in his Netflix original comedy special, We'll Do It for Half. His autobiography Why You Crying? was a New York Times bestseller. ChupaCarter is his first book for children.
Connect with usFacebook Instagram Twitter
Add to calendar