Brian Kilmeade celebrates THE PRESIDENT AND THE FREEDOM FIGHTER
About this Event
**PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THESE GUIDELINES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO CHANGING COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS**
JoinBarnes & Noble - Bay ShoreonThursday, October 27, 2022 as we welcome theNew York Times bestselling author ofGeorge Washington's Secret Six and Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Piratesand co-host of Fox & Friends, Brian Kilmeade, to the store to celebrate the release of THE PRESIDENT AND THE FREEDOM FIGHTER Trade Paperback.
To make this event safe and enjoyable for all attendees, please read the below guidelines ahead of buying a ticket, so you know what to expect on the day. To avoid disappointment, we must stress that there will be no access to the event for non-ticketholders.
- Barnes & Noble reserves the right to make new rules and orders in its sole discretion with regard to COVID-19 at any time and any person not abiding by the Barnes & Noble directives will be refused entrance or directed to leave the premises.
**A ticket includes (**LIMITED QUANTITY AVAILABLE**):
- THE PRESIDENT AND THE FREEDOM FIGHTERAdmission - $19.55 (Admission + one signed, personalized copy ofTHE PRESIDENT AND THE FREEDOM FIGHTER Trade Paperback).
- One signed, personalized copy of THE PRESIDENT AND THE FREEDOM FIGHTER Trade Paperback(out 10/25/22).
- Admission to the event space and signing line with Brian Kilmeade.
- Socially distanced photos with Brian will be allowed at the event.
- Masks are strongly recommended if you are no vaccinated.
- Any gifts for Brian will be collected prior to the signing line.
- Due to health and safety and space limitations, those without a ticket will not be permitted into the event space.
- No memorabilia will be signed at the event.
- No large bags will be permitted into the event.
- In order to attend this event, ticket holders should:
- Have not had any contact in the last 14 days with a confirmed COVID- 19 patient.
- Not be subject to a quarantine order.
- Not traveled in the past 14 days to any state or country that New York has designated as an area requiring isolation upon returning to the state.
- At the time of the event, have not experienced in the last 72 hours any body temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit or any new symptoms associated with COVID-19. People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19: fever or chills; cough; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; fatigue; muscle or body aches; headache; new loss of taste or smell; sore throat; congestion or runny nose; nausea or vomiting; and/or diarrhea.
- Some outside queuing may be required, so please do come dressed appropriately for all weathers.
- The exact time at which the event ends will be determined on the day. To avoid disappointment, we strongly advise you to arrive on time for the event. Late arrivals may not have the opportunity to meet the author.
- All event guidelines are subject to change.
- If you have any additional questions, please can call the store directly at: 631-206-0198
- Barnes & Noble may cancel this event at any time with or without notice to the ticket holders.
Please note that Eventbrite is the only authorized dealer for this event. Each person must have a ticket to enter.
Attendees can receive refunds up to 1 day before your event start date. If you are unable to attend the event, Barnes & Noble - Bay Shore will hold your book for seven days after the event. Please contact the store to arrange your pickup.
Should this event be canceled due to changing COVID-19 concerns, all customers will be refunded their ticket price to the original method of payment per Eventbrite's refund policy.
Event guidelines are subject to change.
ABOUT BRIAN KILMEADE
Brian Kilmeade is the coauthor of George Washington's Secret Six, Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Pirates, Andrew Jackson and the Miracle of New Orleans, and Sam Houston and the Alamo Avengers, all New York Times bestsellers. Kilmeade cohosts Fox News Channel's morning show Fox & Friends and hosts the daily national radio show The Brian Kilmeade Show and the Fox Nation series What Made America Great. He lives on Long Island. This is his seventh book.
ABOUT THE PRESIDENT AND THE FREEDOM FIGHTER
In The President and the Freedom Fighter, Brian Kilmeade tells the little-known story of how two American heroes moved from strong disagreement to friendship, and in the process changed the entire course of history.
Abraham Lincoln was White, born impoverished on a frontier farm. Frederick Douglass was Black, a child of slavery who had risked his life escaping to freedom in the North. Neither man had a formal education, and neither had had an easy path to influence. No one would have expected them to become friends—or to transform the country. But Lincoln and Douglass believed in their nation’s greatness. They were determined to make the grand democratic experiment live up to its ideals.
Lincoln’s problem: he knew it was time for slavery to go, but how fast could the country change without being torn apart? And would it be possible to get rid of slavery while keeping America’s Constitution intact? Douglass said no, that the Constitution was irredeemably corrupted by slavery—and he wanted Lincoln to move quickly. Sharing little more than the conviction that slavery was wrong, the two men’s paths eventually converged. Over the course of the Civil War, they’d endure bloodthirsty mobs, feverish conspiracies, devastating losses on the battlefield, and a growing firestorm of unrest that would culminate on the fields of Gettysburg.
As he did in George Washington's Secret Six, Kilmeade has transformed this nearly forgotten slice of history into a dramatic story that will keep you turning the pages to find out how these two heroes, through their principles and patience, not only changed each other, but made America truly free for all.
Connect with usFacebook Instagram Twitter
Add to calendar