Talia Hibbert talks HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS AND UNFAIRLY CUTE, our January YA Monthly Pick, with Nicola & David Yoon!
About this Event
“Hibbert delivers yet another swoon-worthy romance filled with banter that made me grin like a fool from one page to the next. I dare you not to fall in love.”—JESSE Q. SUTANTO, bestselling author of Dial A for Auntiesand Well, That Was Unexpected
"A zippy rom-com with strong characterization, bursting with Gen Z–approved verbal sparring and stolen kisses." — Kirkus Reviews, starred review
Join Barnes & Noble as we welcome the New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of Get a Life, Chloe Brown, Talia Hibbert, for a live, virtual discussion of our January YA Monthly Pick, HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS AND UNFAIRLY CUTE, a laugh-out-loud story about a quirky content creator and a clean-cut athlete testing their abilities to survive the great outdoors—and each other.
She will be in conversation with Nicola Yoon and David Yoon, both bestselling authors of several novels, including Instructions for Dancing and Super Fake Love Song. They are also co-founders of the new Joy Revolution imprint at Random House Children's Books, which publishes stories written by people of color and starring people of color, who each find love and live life on their own terms.
The authors will discuss Highly Suspicious and Unfairly Cute, our January YA Monthly Pick, Talia's debut YA novel and the inaugural release of the imprint.
Don't forget to order a copy of the book before the event!: http://bit.ly/3fZmMJC
- This is a live, free event. Registration is required to attend.
- Each registration must have a different email associated with it to gain entry. Please be sure your correct email is listed when you register and that your Eventbrite settings include updates on this event.
- This event will air as a Zoom Webinar. You MUST BE SIGNED INTO EVENTBRITE WITH THE EMAIL IN WHICH YOU PURCHASED THE TICKET to access the event. We highly recommend you CREATE AN EVENTBRITE ACCOUNT, as well as DOWNLOAD ZOOM & familiarize yourself prior to the event for the best possible experience.
- Access to the event will become available on the evening of the event, Monday, January 23, at 7 PM ET / 6 PM CT / 5 PM MT / 4 PM PT.
- Access to the event will become available via:
- OPEN IN ZOOM button in your Eventbrite account (found under “Tickets” --> “Go to online event page”) OR your event ticket confirmation email.
- Two hours prior to the event, you will receive a separate email FROM ZOOM with a personalized access link. You may also use this to enter the event.
- You will receive reminder emails from Eventbrite before the event. You may also access the event through the reminder email, HOWEVER YOU MUST BE SIGNED INTO EVENTBRITE WITH THE EMAIL IN WHICH YOU PURCHASED THE TICKET.
- You may be asked to re-enter the email in which you purchased this ticket to re-validate.
- Disruptive Conduct: Barnes & Noble wants to create a safe virtual space for all. You acknowledge and agree that Barnes & Noble reserves the right to remove you from the Virtual Event if B&N, in its sole discretion, determines that your participation or behavior create a disruption or hinder the Virtual Event or the enjoyment of the Virtual Event content by other attendees.
- Recording, Live Streaming, and Videotaping. Participants may not record or broadcast audio or video of Barnes & Noble Virtual Events.
Please note that Eventbrite is the only authorized dealer for this event. Each person must have a ticket to enter.
We cannot guarantee a replay of the program. Please keep this in mind before registering for a ticket.
Event guidelines are subject to change.
Join Barnes & Noble for future virtual events! See our upcoming line-up here.
ABOUT HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS AND UNFAIRLY CUTE:
Bradley Graeme is pretty much perfect. He’s a star football player, manages his OCD well (enough), and comes out on top in all his classes . . . except the ones he shares with his ex-best friend, Celine.
Celine Bangura is conspiracy-theory-obsessed. Social media followers eat up her takes on everything from UFOs to holiday overconsumption—yet, she’s still not cool enough for the popular kids’ table. Which is why Brad abandoned her for the in-crowd years ago. (At least, that’s how Celine sees it.)
These days, there’s nothing between them other than petty insults and academic rivalry. So when Celine signs up for a survival course in the woods, she’s surprised to find Brad right beside her.
Forced to work as a team for the chance to win a grand prize, these two teens must trudge through not just mud and dirt but their messy past. And as this adventure brings them closer together, they begin to remember the good bits of their history. But has too much time passed . . . or just enough to spark a whole new kind of relationship?
Connect with usFacebook Instagram Twitter
Add to calendar