**PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THESE GUIDELINES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO CHANGING COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS**
Join Barnes & Noble - The Grove at Farmers Market on January 18, 2023, as we welcome Disney Legend Jodi Benson to the store to discuss & sign PART OF MY WORLD, a magical journey from a Midwestern town to the bright lights of Broadway and the recording booth where she brought one of the most beloved Disney princesses of all time to life!
***Vaccinations and mask coverings are highly recommended to attend this event.***
To make this event safe and enjoyable for all attendees, please read the below guidelines ahead of buying a ticket, so you know what to expect on the day. To avoid disappointment, we must stress that there will be no access to the event for non-ticketholders.
- Barnes & Noble reserves the right to make new rules and orders in its sole discretion with regard to COVID-19 at any time and any person not abiding by the Barnes & Noble directives will be refused entry or directed to leave the premises.
**A ticket includes:
- SEATED Book Admission - $28.46 (Admission + one copy of PART OF MY WORLD): **LIMITED QUANTITY AVAILABLE**: A ticket PER PERSON includes:
- Admission to the event space for the discussion and signing with Jodi Benson.
- STANDING-ROOM ONLY Book Admission - $28.46 (Admission + one copy of PART OF MY WORLD): **LIMITED QUANTITY AVAILABLE**: A ticket PER PERSON includes:
- Admission to the event space for the discussion and signing with Jodi Benson.
For Seated Tickets: Limited quantity is available and will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Purchase of a ticket guarantees entrance to the event for the discussion and signing. However, this ticket may not necessarily guarantee a seat at the event, as later arrivals may be placed in a line behind the seated audience.
For Standing Room-Only Tickets: Limited quantity is available and will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Purchase of a ticket guarantees entrance to the event for the discussion and signing. Ticket holders will be granted a standing view from behind the seated audience -- some views may be more limited/obstructed than others.
- Ticket holders will be admitted into the event beginning at 5:00 PM on the day of the event. Please have a copy of your ticket available (either printed out or on your phone) for check-in.
- This is a discussion, audience Q&A, and signing event. No posed photos will be taken with Jodi.
- Due to COVID-19, vaccinations and masks are highly recommended to attend this event.
- No large bags will be permitted into the event.
- In order to attend this event, ticket holders should:
- Have not had any contact in the last 14 days with a confirmed COVID- 19 patient.
- Not be subject to a quarantine order.
- Not travel in the past 14 days to any state or country that California has designated as an area requiring isolation upon returning to the state.
- At the time of the event, have not experienced in the last 72 hours any body temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit or any new symptoms associated with COVID-19. People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19: fever or chills; cough; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; fatigue; muscle or body aches; headache; new loss of taste or smell; sore throat; congestion or runny nose; nausea or vomiting; and/or diarrhea.
- Barnes & Noble may cancel this event at any time with or without notice to the ticket holders.
- Some outside queuing may be required, so please come dressed appropriately for all weather.
- The exact time at which the event ends will be determined on the day.
- To avoid disappointment, we strongly advise you to arrive on time for the event. Late arrivals may not have the opportunity to enter the event space.
- Due to health and safety and space limitations, those without a ticket will not be permitted to join the queue.
- All event guidelines are subject to change.
- If you have any additional questions, you can call the store directly at 323-525-0270.
Please note that Eventbrite is the only authorized dealer for this event. Each person must have a ticket to enter.
Attendees can receive refunds up to 1 day before your event start date.
If you are unable to attend the event, Barnes & Noble - The Grove will hold your book for seven days after the event. Please contact the store to arrange your pickup.
Should this event be canceled due to changing COVID-19 concerns, all customers will be refunded their ticket price to the original method of payment per Eventbrite's refund policy.
Event guidelines are subject to change.
ABOUTPART OF MY WORLD:
A treasure trove of colorful characters and unforgettable anecdotes, Part of My World reads like a real-life fairy tale as a girl with a big voice and even bigger dreams sets out on the adventure of a lifetime. Along the way, Jodi shares lessons she's learned about faith, friendship, love, loss, taking chances, making mistakes, following God’s call, and chasing your dreams. In Part of My World you’ll come alongside Jodi as she
struggles to find her footing in the rehearsal halls of Manhattan;
finds (then loses, then marries) her prince charming;
makes a splash on Broadway;
gives voice to a feisty redheaded mermaid, a blonde bombshell named Barbie, and a Tony-nominated powerhouse named Polly; and
searches for her own personal happily ever after.
Written with warmth, humor, and disarming vulnerability, Part of My World is a captivating glimpse behind the curtain at the making of one of the most celebrated animated movies of all time, and a must-read for Disney fans of all ages.
ABOUT JODI BENSON:
Jodi Benson is blessed and honored to be the recipient of the prestigious Disney Legend Award and proud to serve The Walt Disney Company for the past 35 amazing years. Jodi has received worldwide recognition and critical acclaim as the beloved singing and speaking voice of Ariel in the Academy Award winning Walt Disney animated feature film, The Little Mermaid as well as the bubbly voice of Tour Guide Barbie in Disney Pixar's Toy Story II, winner of the Golden Globe Award for Best Picture. Ms. Benson is thrilled to be a part of the Academy Award winning film, Toy Story 3 as the effervescent voice of Barbie for Disney/Pixar. This time-Barbie is back and in love with Ken (Michael Keaton)! She also gave life to the spirited Weebo in Disney’s live action Flubber co- starring the brilliant Robin Williams. Ms. Benson returns as Ariel with all of the Disney Princesses for the first time ever in Disney's hit Wreck it Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks the Internet. For Warner Brothers, she created the title voice of Thumbelina, a Don Bluth animated feature with songs by Barry Manilow.
Jodi’s other film projects include The Little Mermaid III, The Little Mermaid II: Return To The Sea as Ariel, Lady and The Tramp II as Lady, 101 Dalmatians II as Anita, DreamWorks’s animated video Joseph: King of Dreams as his wife Asenath starring Ben Affleck, and in Balto II and III as Jenna for Universal Studios. She appears as Sam,(Patrick Dempsey’s Assistant) in Disney’s feature film Enchanted- as a real live person –with legs! Jodi was honored to introduce the Emmy nominated 30th Anniversary celebration “The Little Mermaid Live” ABC television special event.
Ms. Benson received a Tony Award and a Helen Hayes Award nomination for Best Actress in a Musical for creating the starring role of Polly Baker in the Tony Award winning Broadway Gershwin musical Crazy For You.
Other Broadway credits include: creating the starring role of Doria Hudson in the Howard Ashman/Marvin Hamlisch musical Smile, Betty Bursteter in Cy Coleman’s Welcome To The Club, and Virginia in Kenny Ortega’s Marilyn: An American Fable. Internationally, Ms. Benson has had the honor of sharing the stage with her husband Ray Benson in the European Premiere of Gershwin’s My One and Only, starring as Miss Edythe Herbert.
Jodi has a new book available “Part of My World” with behind the scenes inside stories which highlight the many amazing people along her journey. www.partofmyworldbook.comJodi gives thanks and praise to God for her family, friends, for her loving husband of 38 years, Ray and her amazing children; son McKinley & “daughter in love” Mackenzie and daughter Delaney.
FB: Jodi Benson