Tom Papa celebrates WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER with Rainn Wilson
About this Event
**PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THESE GUIDELINES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO CHANGING COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS**
Join Barnes & Noble - The Grove at Farmers Market on June 12, 2023, as we welcome comedian and frequent panelist on NPR’s Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me, Tom Papa, to the store to discuss and sign WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER . . .: SO MAKE SOME ROOM, a collection of thirty-seven short essays.
Tomwill be in conversation with three-time Emmy-nominated actor best known for his role as Dwight Schrute on NBC’s The Office, Rainn Wilson.
***Vaccinations and mask coverings are highly recommended to attend this event.***
To make this event safe and enjoyable for all attendees, please read the below guidelines ahead of buying a ticket, so you know what to expect on the day. To avoid disappointment, we must stress that there will be no access to the event for non-ticketholders.
- Barnes & Noble reserves the right to make new rules and orders in its sole discretion with regard to COVID-19 at any time and any person not abiding by the Barnes & Noble directives will be refused entry or directed to leave the premises.
**A ticket includes:
- Solo Book Admission - $32.85 (Admission + one copy of WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER . . .: SO MAKE SOME ROOM): **LIMITED QUANTITY AVAILABLE**: A ticket PER PERSON includes:
- One copy of WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER . . .: SO MAKE SOME ROOM (out 6/6/23).
- Admission to the event space for the discussion & signing with Tom Papaand Rainn Wilson.
For Seated Tickets: Limited quantity is available and will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Purchase of a ticket guarantees entrance to the event for the discussion and signing. However, this ticket may not necessarily guarantee a seat at the event, as later arrivals may be placed in a line behind the seated audience.
For Standing Room-Only Tickets: Limited quantity is available and will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Purchase of a ticket guarantees entrance to the event for the discussion and signing. Ticket holders will be granted a standing view from behind the seated audience -- some views may be more limited/obstructed than others.
- Ticket holders will be admitted into the event beginning at 6:00 PM on the day of the event. Please have a copy of your ticket available (either printed out or on your phone) for check-in.
- This is a discussion, signing, and audience q&a event.
- Due to COVID-19, vaccinations and masks are highly recommended to attend this event.
- No large bags will be permitted into the event.
- In order to attend this event, ticket holders should:
- Have not had any contact in the last 14 days with a confirmed COVID-19 patient.
- Not be subject to a quarantine order.
- Not travel in the past 14 days to any state or country that California has designated as an area requiring isolation upon returning to the state.
- At the time of the event, have not experienced in the last 72 hours any body temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit or any new symptoms associated with COVID-19. People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19: fever or chills; cough; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; fatigue; muscle or body aches; headache; new loss of taste or smell; sore throat; congestion or runny nose; nausea or vomiting; and/or diarrhea.
- Barnes & Noble may cancel this event at any time with or without notice to the ticket holders.
- Some outside queuing may be required, so please do come dressed appropriately for all weather.
- The exact time at which the event ends will be determined on the day.
- To avoid disappointment, we strongly advise you to arrive on time for the event. Late arrivals may not have the opportunity to enter the event space.
- Due to health and safety and space limitations, those without a ticket will not be permitted to join the queue.
- All event guidelines are subject to change.
- If you have any additional questions, you can call the store directly at 323-525-0270.
Please note that Eventbrite is the only authorized dealer for this event. Each person must have a ticket to enter.
Attendees can receive refunds up to 1 day before your event start date.
If you are unable to attend the event, Barnes & Noble - The Grove will hold your book for seven days after the event. Please contact the store to arrange your pickup.
Should this event be canceled due to changing COVID-19 concerns, all customers will be refunded their ticket price to the original method of payment per Eventbrite's refund policy.
Event guidelines are subject to change.
ABOUT TOM PAPA:
Tom Papa is a writer and comedian known for his work in film, television, and radio as well as on the live stage. He is a frequent panelist on NPR’s Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me, the host of a daily SiriusXM show, What a Joke with Papa and Fortune, and has recorded five stand-up specials that are currently streaming. His writing has appeared in TheNewYorker.com. When not touring the country, Tom lives in Los Angeles and bakes bread with his wife, daughters, cat and somewhat loyal dog.
ABOUT RAINN WILSON:
Rainn is an Emmy nominated and SAG award-winning actor best known for playing the inimitable “Dwight Schrute” for nine seasons on NBC’s, THE OFFICE. He recently wrapped LESSONS IN CHEMISTRY with Brie Larson for Apple TV and the unscripted travel series GEOGRAPHY OF BLISS, which will air on Peacock in May 2023.
He stars in JERRY AND MARGE GO LARGE, with Bryan Cranston and Annette Bening; UTOPIA for Amazon; Roger Michell's BLACKBIRD, opposite Kate Winslet; MEG alongside Jason Statham; STAR TREK DISCOVERY; HESHER, opposite Natalie Portman and Joseph Gordon-Levitt; James Gunn’s SUPER, with Kevin Bacon and Elliot Page; COOTIES opposite Elijah Wood; JUNO; GALAXY QUEST; and ALMOST FAMOUS.
He has an MFA from NYU’s Graduate Acting Program at the Tisch School of the Arts and spent 10 years doing theatre in NYC before moving to LA. He was on Broadway in THE TEMPEST with Patrick Stewart, and the Tony nominated LONDON ASSURANCE. Rainn performed the critically acclaimed one-person monologue THOM PAIN (BASED ON NOTHING) at The Geffen; and was the lead role in the political farce. THE DOPPELGANGER, at Steppenwolf Theater.
Rainn founded the digital media company, Soul Pancake (3.5 mil subscribers on YouTube). He’s the author of?“The Bassoon King” and the NYT Bestselling?“SoulPancake: Chew on Life’s Big Questions.” His next book, “Soul Boom: Why We Need a Spiritual Revolution” releases April 25, 2023.
View Store Details
Connect with usFacebook Instagram Twitter
Add to calendar