Victoria Selman celebrates TRULY, DARKLY, DEEPLY with Jeffery Deaver #BNMiddayMystery
About this Event
Join Barnes & Noble as we welcome the author of the Ziba McKenzie criminal profiler series, Victoria Selman, for a live, virtual discussion of TRULY, DARKLY, DEEPLY, as part of ourB&N Midday Mystery Virtual Event series. In Selman’s taut psychological thriller, a young woman is haunted by her impulsive actions that helped convict her mother’s charming then-boyfriend Matty Melgren as a serial killer. When Sophie receives a letter from Matty on his deathbed, it sets off a tailspin of shocking events.
Victoria will be in conversation with New York Times bestselling author Jeffrey Deaver.
Order your copy of the author's book now!
- Victoria Selman's TRULY, DARKLY, DEEPLY Trade Paperback-- On Sale: June 27, 2023
- This is a live, free event. Registration is required to attend.
- Each registration must have a different email associated with it to gain entry. Please be sure your correct email is listed when you register and that your Eventbrite settings include updates on this event.
- This event will air as a Zoom Webinar. You MUST BE SIGNED INTO EVENTBRITE WITH THE EMAIL IN WHICH YOU PURCHASED THE TICKET to access the event. We highly recommend you CREATE AN EVENTBRITE ACCOUNT, as well as DOWNLOAD ZOOM & familiarize yourself prior to the event for the best possible experience.
- Access to the event will become available on the afternoon of the event, Tuesday, June 27, at 3 PM ET / 2 PM CT / 1 PM MT / 12 PM PT.
- Access to the event will become available via:
- OPEN IN ZOOM button in your Eventbrite account (found under “Tickets” --> “Go to online event page”) OR your event ticket confirmation email.
- Two hours prior to the event, you will receive a separate email FROM ZOOM with a personalized access link. You may also use this to enter the event.
- You will receive reminder emails from Eventbrite before the event. You may also access the event through the reminder email, HOWEVER YOU MUST BE SIGNED INTO EVENTBRITE WITH THE EMAIL IN WHICH YOU PURCHASED THE TICKET.
- You may be asked to re-enter the email in which you purchased this ticket to re-validate.
- Disruptive Conduct: Barnes & Noble wants to create a safe virtual space for all. You acknowledge and agree that Barnes & Noble reserves the right to remove you from the Virtual Event if B&N, in its sole discretion, determines that your participation or behavior create a disruption or hinder the Virtual Event or the enjoyment of the Virtual Event content by other attendees.
- Recording, Live Streaming, and Videotaping. Participants may not record or broadcast audio or video of Barnes & Noble Virtual Events.
Please note that Eventbrite is the only authorized dealer for this event. Each person must be registered to enter.
We cannot guarantee a replay of the program. Please keep this in mind before registering for a ticket.
Event guidelines are subject to change.
ABOUT TRULY, DARKLY, DEEPLY
Matty Melgren is a convicted serial killer serving life without parole for the murders of several women in London in the 1980s. He has consistently protested his innocence, and the evidence against him was largely circumstantial. At the time of his arrest, Matty’s girlfriend was Amelia-Rose, a single mother to 12-year-old Sophie. Sophie adores Matty. He’s handsome, funny, respectable—she could never suspect him of the brutal killings in the headlines. Then a police sketch of a suspect is released that looks a lot like Matty. Was it him? Sophie is consumed with doubt and guilt, causing her to act impulsively, ripping her family apart. Years later, she is still haunted by her actions. Was she wrong to have done what she did all those years ago? Then Sophie receives a letter from Matty—he’s dying and asks her to visit him in prison. Will she finally get the answers she needs to be able to reclaim her future?
ABOUT VICTORIA SELMAN
Victoria Selman majored in history at Oxford University and holds certificates in criminal profiling and criminal psychology. She’s the author of the Ziba McKenzie criminal profiler series that was published by Thomas & Mercer. She’s been a #1 bestseller on Amazon, a Sunday Times bestseller, and her first novel was shortlisted for the CWA Dagger award. She is also the host of “On the Sofa,” on the CrimeTime FM podcast.
ABOUT JEFFREY DEAVER
Jeffery Deaver is the #1 international bestselling author of more than forty novels, three collections of short stories, and a nonfiction law book. His books are sold in 150 countries and translated into 25 languages. His first novel featuring Lincoln Rhyme, The Bone Collector, was made into a major motion picture starring Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie. He's received or been shortlisted for a number of awards around the world, including Novel of the Year by the International Thriller Writers and the Steel Dagger from the Crime Writers' Association in the United Kingdom. In 2014, he was the recipient of three lifetime achievement awards. A former journalist, folk singer, and attorney, he was born outside of Chicago and has a bachelor of journalism degree from the University of Missouri and a law degree from Fordham University.
Connect with usFacebook Instagram Twitter
Add to calendar