Henry Winkler discusses his memoir, BEING HENRY: THE FONZ...AND BEYOND
About this Event
**PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THESE GUIDELINES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO CHANGING COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS**
JoinBarnes & Noble - The Grove at Farmers Market onDecember 14, 2023, as we welcome Emmy-award-winning actor, author, comedian, producer, and director Henry Winkler to the store to discuss and sign BEING HENRY: THE FONZ . . . AND BEYOND, a deeply thoughtful memoir of the lifelong effects of stardom and the struggle to become whole.
***Vaccinations and mask coverings are highly recommended to attend this event.***
To make this event safe and enjoyable for all attendees, please read the below guidelines ahead of buying a ticket, so you know what to expect on the day. To avoid disappointment, we must stress that there will be no access to the event for non-ticketholders.
- Barnes & Noble reserves the right to make new rules and orders in its sole discretion with regard to COVID-19 at any time and any person not abiding by the Barnes & Noble directives will be refused entry or directed to leave the premises.
**A ticket includes:
- Solo Book Admission - $32.85 (Admission + one copy of BEING HENRY: THE FONZ . . . AND BEYOND): **LIMITED QUANTITY AVAILABLE**: A ticket PER PERSON includes:
- One copy of BEING HENRY: THE FONZ . . . AND BEYOND(out 10/31/23).
- Admission to the event space for the discussion & signing with Henry Winkler.
For Seated Tickets: Limited quantity is available and will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Purchase of a ticket guarantees entrance to the event for the discussion and signing. However, this ticket may not necessarily guarantee a seat at the event, as later arrivals may be placed in a line behind the seated audience.
For Standing Room Tickets: Limited quantity is available and will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Purchase of a ticket guarantees entrance to the event for the discussion and signing. Ticket holders will be granted a standing view from behind the seated audience -- some views may be more limited/obstructed than others.
- Ticket holders will be admitted into the event beginning at 5:00 PM on the day of the event. Please have a copy of your ticket available (either printed out or on your phone) for check-in.
- Signing Line Admission - $32.85 (Admission + one copy of BEING HENRY: THE FONZ . . . AND BEYOND): **LIMITED QUANTITY AVAILABLE**: A ticket PER PERSON includes:
- One copy of BEING HENRY: THE FONZ . . . AND BEYOND(out 10/31/23).
- Admission to the event space for the signing with Henry Winkler.
For Signing Line Tickets: Limited quantity is available and will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Purchase of a ticket guarantees entrance to the event for the signing only.Purchase of this ticket DOES NOT permit you to the event space during the discussion.
- SIGNING LINE Ticket holders will be admitted into the event beginning at 7:30 PM on the day of the event. Please have a copy of your ticket available (either printed out or on your phone) for check-in.
- This is a discussion, signing, and audience q&a event. Books will not be personalized by Henry Winkler.
- No memorabilia will be signed at this event.
- Due to COVID-19, vaccinations and masks are highly recommended to attend this event.
- No large bags will be permitted into the event.
- In order to attend this event, ticket holders should:
- Have not had any contact in the last 14 days with a confirmed COVID-19 patient.
- Not be subject to a quarantine order.
- Not travel in the past 14 days to any state or country that California has designated as an area requiring isolation upon returning to the state.
- At the time of the event, have not experienced in the last 72 hours any body temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit or any new symptoms associated with COVID-19. People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19: fever or chills; cough; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; fatigue; muscle or body aches; headache; new loss of taste or smell; sore throat; congestion or runny nose; nausea or vomiting; and/or diarrhea.
- Barnes & Noble may cancel this event at any time with or without notice to the ticket holders.
- Some outside queuing may be required, so please do come dressed appropriately for all weather.
- The exact time at which the event ends will be determined on the day.
- To avoid disappointment, we strongly advise you to arrive on time for the event. Late arrivals may not have the opportunity to enter the event space.
- Due to health and safety and space limitations, those without a ticket will not be permitted to join the queue.
- All event guidelines are subject to change.
- If you have any additional questions, you can call the store directly at 323-525-0270.
Please note that Eventbrite is the only authorized dealer for this event. Each person must have a ticket to enter.
Attendees can receive refunds up to 1 day (24 hours) before your event start TIME.
If you are unable to attend the event, Barnes & Noble - The Grove will hold your book for seven days after the event. Please contact the store to arrange your pickup.
Should this event be canceled due to changing COVID-19 concerns, all customers will be refunded their ticket price to the original method of payment per Eventbrite's refund policy.
Event guidelines are subject to change.
Henry Winkler, launched into prominence as “The Fonz” in the beloved Happy Days, has transcended the role that made him who he is. Brilliant, funny, and widely-regarded as the nicest man in Hollywood (though he would be the first to tell you that it’s simply not the case, he’s really just grateful to be here), Henry shares in this achingly vulnerable memoir the disheartening truth of his childhood, the difficulties of a life with severe dyslexia, the pressures of a role that takes on a life of its own, and the path forward once your wildest dream seems behind you.
Since the glorious era of Happy Days fame, Henry has endeared himself to a new generation with roles in such adored shows as Arrested Development, Parks and Recreation, and Barry, where he’s been revealed as an actor with immense depth and pathos, a departure from the period of his life when he was so distinctly typecast as The Fonz, he could hardly find work.
Filled with profound heart, charm, and self-deprecating humor, Being Henry is a memoir about so much more than a life in Hollywood and the curse of stardom. It is a meaningful testament to the power of sharing truth and kindness and of finding fulfillment within yourself.
ABOUT HENRY WINKLER:
Connect with usFacebook Instagram Twitter
Add to calendar