Mick Herron celebrates THE SECRET HOURS with Dan Fesperman #BNMiddayMystery
About this Event
Join Barnes & Noble as we welcome bestselling author of Slow Horses, Mick Herron, for a live, virtual discussion of THE SECRET HOURSon Wednesday, October 4 at 3PM ET as part ofB&N Midday Mystery Virtual Event series. A gripping standalone spy thriller with a riveting reveal about a disastrous MI5 mission in Cold War Berlin is an absolute must-read for Slough House fans.
Mick will be in conversation with Dan Fesperman.
This is a live, ticketed event. You must have a ticket to gain access. Please be sure your correct email is listed when you purchase and that your Eventbrite settings include updates on this event.
- For book-based tickets: This is for US-based customers ONLY (NO P.O. Boxes), excluding Puerto Rico; P.O. Boxes and all international addresses. Any non US orders, Puerto Rico or P.O. Box mailing addresses will be cancelled and refunded.
- Books will be mailed AFTER the completion of the live event; please allow ample time for shipping, typically 8-10 business days.
- Each ticket must have a different email associated with it to gain entry. Any repeated emails will be cancelled and refunded.
**THERE ARE TWO TICKET OPTIONS:
- THE SECRET HOURS Signed Admission- $36.04 (Admission + Signed Book/tax/shipping): **LIMITED QUANTITY AVAILABLE**: A ticket PER PERSON includes:
- One signed copy of THE SECRET HOURS.
- B&N MIDDAY MYSTERY GENERAL ADMISSION: A ticket PER PERSON includes:
- Each registration must have a different email associated with it to gain entry. Please be sure your correct email is listed when you register and that your Eventbrite settings include updates on this event.
- This event will air as a Zoom Webinar. You MUST BE SIGNED INTO EVENTBRITE WITH THE EMAIL IN WHICH YOU PURCHASED THE TICKET to access the event. We highly recommend you CREATE AN EVENTBRITE ACCOUNT, as well as DOWNLOAD ZOOM & familiarize yourself prior to the event for the best possible experience.
- Access to the event will become available on the afternoon of the event, Wednesday, October 4, at 3 PM ET / 2 PM CT / 1 PM MT / 12 PM PT.
- Access to the event will become available via:
- OPEN IN ZOOM button in your Eventbrite account (found under “Tickets” --> “Go to online event page”) OR your event ticket confirmation email.
- Two hours prior to the event, you will receive a separate email FROM ZOOM with a personalized access link. You may also use this to enter the event.
- You will receive reminder emails from Eventbrite before the event. You may also access the event through the reminder email, HOWEVER YOU MUST BE SIGNED INTO EVENTBRITE WITH THE EMAIL IN WHICH YOU PURCHASED THE TICKET.
- You may be asked to re-enter the email in which you purchased this ticket to re-validate.
- Disruptive Conduct: Barnes & Noble wants to create a safe virtual space for all. You acknowledge and agree that Barnes & Noble reserves the right to remove you from the Virtual Event if B&N, in its sole discretion, determines that your participation or behavior create a disruption or hinder the Virtual Event or the enjoyment of the Virtual Event content by other attendees.
- By registering for a paid Barnes & Noble Virtual Event Ticket, you agree not to share, sell or trade your access. If Barnes & Noble determines that you have violated this policy, B&N may cancel your access, retain any payments made by you, and ban you from future Virtual Events.
- Recording, Live Streaming, and Videotaping. Participants may not record or broadcast audio or video of Barnes & Noble Virtual Events.
- This is a US-based event ONLY, and please allow ample time for delivery. Due to complications around shipping during the pandemic, delays can be common. All tickets include the cost of shipping to domestic, non-P.O. Box addresses only.
Please note that Eventbrite is the only authorized dealer for this event. Each person must have a ticket to enter.
We cannot guarantee a replay of the program. Please keep this in mind before purchasing a ticket. There will be no refunds for missing the live event.
Event guidelines are subject to change.
ABOUT THE SECRET HOURS:
Two years ago, a hostile Prime Minister launched the Monochrome inquiry, investigating "historical over-reaching" by the British Secret Service “to investigate historical over-reaching.” Monochrome’s mission was to ferret out any hint of misconduct by any MI5 officer—and allowed Griselda Fleet and Malcolm Kyle, the two civil servants seconded to the project, unfettered access to any and all confidential information in the Service archives in order to do so.
But MI5’s formidable First Desk did not become Britain’s top spy by accident, and she has successfully thwarted the inquiry at every turn.
Now the administration that created Monochrome has been ousted, the investigation is a total bust—and Griselda and Malcolm are stuck watching as their career prospects are washed away by the pounding London rain.
Until the eve of Monochrome’s shuttering, when an MI5 case file appears without explanation. It is the buried history of a classified operation in 1994 Berlin—an operation that ended in tragedy and scandal, whose cover-up has rewritten thirty years of Service history.
The Secret Hours is a dazzling entry point into Mick Herron’s body of work, a standalone spy thriller that is at once unnerving, poignant, and laugh-out-loud funny. It is also the breathtaking secret history that Slough House fans have been waiting for.
ABOUT MICK HERRON:
Mick Herron is a British novelist and short story writer who was born in Newcastle and studied English at Oxford. He is the author of the Slough House espionage series, four Oxford mysteries, and three standalone novels. His work has won the CWA Gold Dagger for Best Crime Novel, the Steel Dagger for Best Thriller, the Theakston’s Novel of the Year Award, the Palle Rosenkrantz Prize, the Ellery Queen Readers Award and the USC Libraries Scripter Award, and been nominated for the Macavity, Barry and Shamus Awards. He currently lives in Oxford and writes full-time.
ABOUT DAN FESPERMAN:
Connect with usFacebook Instagram Twitter
Add to calendar