Ann Cleeves celebrates THE RAGING STORM with Martin Edwards #BNMiddayMystery
About this Event
“A friend of mine once joked that the work of Ann Cleeves is the closest the crime fiction genre comes to evoking ASMR—the euphoric, pleasant, spine-tingling sensation that’s all the rage on YouTube. The books never get too dark, never venture too far into dangerous territory, but aren’t outright cozy, either.”—The New York Times
“Cleeves crafts a devilishly intricate mystery that will surprise even seasoned genre fans, and Venn remains an appealing lead every bit as memorable as the author’s Vera Stanhope or Jimmy Perez. Cleeves’s fans and newcomers alike will be hungry for the next entry.”?Publishers Weekly (Starred Review)
Join Barnes & Noble as we welcome New York Times bestselling and award-winning author of the Vera and Shetland series, Ann Cleeves, for a live, virtual discussion of THE RAGING STORMon Thursday, September 28 at 2PM ET as part ofB&N Midday Mystery Virtual Event series. This thrilling page-turner is the third installment in the Matthew Venn series.
Ann will be in conversation with award-winning author Martin Edwards.
This is a live, ticketed event. You must have a ticket to gain access. Please be sure your correct email is listed when you purchase and that your Eventbrite settings include updates on this event.
- For book-based tickets: This is for US-based customers ONLY (NO P.O. Boxes), excluding Puerto Rico; P.O. Boxes and all international addresses. Any non US orders, Puerto Rico or P.O. Box mailing addresses will be cancelled and refunded.
- Books will be mailed AFTER the completion of the live event; please allow ample time for shipping, typically 8-10 business days.
- Each ticket must have a different email associated with it to gain entry. Any repeated emails will be cancelled and refunded.
**THERE ARE TWO TICKET OPTIONS:
- THE RAGING STORM Admission- $38.10 (Admission + Book with Signed Bookplate/tax/shipping): **LIMITED QUANTITY AVAILABLE**: A ticket PER PERSON includes:
- One copy of THE RAGING STORM with Signed Bookplate.
- B&N MIDDAY MYSTERY GENERAL ADMISSION: A ticket PER PERSON includes:
- Each registration must have a different email associated with it to gain entry. Please be sure your correct email is listed when you register and that your Eventbrite settings include updates on this event.
- This event will air as a Zoom Webinar. You MUST BE SIGNED INTO EVENTBRITE WITH THE EMAIL IN WHICH YOU PURCHASED THE TICKET to access the event. We highly recommend you CREATE AN EVENTBRITE ACCOUNT, as well as DOWNLOAD ZOOM & familiarize yourself prior to the event for the best possible experience.
- Access to the event will become available on the afternoon of the event, Thursday, September 28, at 2 PM ET / 1 PM CT / 12 PM MT / 11 AM PT.
- Access to the event will become available via:
- OPEN IN ZOOM button in your Eventbrite account (found under “Tickets” --> “Go to online event page”) OR your event ticket confirmation email.
- Two hours prior to the event, you will receive a separate email FROM ZOOM with a personalized access link. You may also use this to enter the event.
- You will receive reminder emails from Eventbrite before the event. You may also access the event through the reminder email, HOWEVER YOU MUST BE SIGNED INTO EVENTBRITE WITH THE EMAIL IN WHICH YOU PURCHASED THE TICKET.
- You may be asked to re-enter the email in which you purchased this ticket to re-validate.
- Disruptive Conduct: Barnes & Noble wants to create a safe virtual space for all. You acknowledge and agree that Barnes & Noble reserves the right to remove you from the Virtual Event if B&N, in its sole discretion, determines that your participation or behavior create a disruption or hinder the Virtual Event or the enjoyment of the Virtual Event content by other attendees.
- By registering for a paid Barnes & Noble Virtual Event Ticket, you agree not to share, sell or trade your access. If Barnes & Noble determines that you have violated this policy, B&N may cancel your access, retain any payments made by you, and ban you from future Virtual Events.
- Recording, Live Streaming, and Videotaping. Participants may not record or broadcast audio or video of Barnes & Noble Virtual Events.
- This is a US-based event ONLY, and please allow ample time for delivery. Due to complications around shipping during the pandemic, delays can be common. All tickets include the cost of shipping to domestic, non-P.O. Box addresses only.
Please note that Eventbrite is the only authorized dealer for this event. Each person must have a ticket to enter.
We cannot guarantee a replay of the program. Please keep this in mind before purchasing a ticket. There will be no refunds for missing the live event.
Event guidelines are subject to change.
ABOUT THE RAGING STORM
Fierce winds, dark secrets, deadly intentions.
When Jem Rosco—sailor, adventurer, and legend—blows into town in the middle of an autumn gale, the residents of Greystone, Devon, are delighted to have a celebrity in their midst. But just as abruptly as he arrived, Rosco disappears again, and soon his lifeless body is discovered in a dinghy, anchored off Scully Cove, a place with legends of its own.
This is an uncomfortable case for Detective Inspector Matthew Venn. Greystone is a place he visited as a child, a community he parted ways with. Superstition and rumor mix with fact as another body is found, and Venn finds his judgment clouded.
As the winds howl, and Venn and his team investigate, he realizes that no one, including himself, is safe from Scully Cove’s storm of dark secrets.
ABOUT ANN CLEEVES:
ANN CLEEVES is the multi-million copy bestselling author behind three hit television series—Shetland, starring Douglas Henshall, Vera, starring Academy Award Nominee Brenda Blethyn, and The Long Call, starring Ben Aldridge—all of which are watched and loved in the United States. All three are available on BritBox.
The first Shetland novel, Raven Black, won the Crime Writers' Association Gold Dagger for best crime novel, and Ann was awarded the CWA Diamond Dagger in 2017. She was awarded the OBE in 2022 for services to reading and libraries. Ann lives in the United Kingdom.
ABOUT MARTIN EDWARDS
Connect with usFacebook Instagram Twitter
Add to calendar